Today if you want to find survival essentials you more than likely are doing it online from the comfort of your home. Economy indicators show evidence of slowing down by more and more brick and mortar stores closing up shop like Sears where I shopped for years and got my tires at some of the best competitive prices plus great service.
Walmart stores have been closing down local stores but you can shop at their online store. Macy’s has been closing many stores as well. It makes you wonder what is going on because you don’t get inside information as to what is really going on.
If you look at the indicators of previous market collapses you start seeing similar patterns that tell you there is something lurking in the waters and I don’t want to part of it, do you ? The Federal Reserve rose rates by a quarter percent possibly pushing the market into a recession according to market researcher James Bianco.
Another online giant retailer is Amazon where you can buy survival gear and just about anything you are searching for and have great delivery time too unless a product is backlogged. We do some of our shopping there but always like to compare to make sure we’re getting a fair shake.
Where you shop dictates the level of quality product you will receive when purchasing that is why I normally stick mostly brand vendors who I know offer reliable service and returns. Sometimes, it is not about the price and more about getting what you pay for.
It is important to have the basic necessities to have a better chance of being prepared for almost anything that comes your way. The one thing that is not talk about much is keeping a lean healthy body to help you with long term endurance and survival.
Here are some of the type of survival essentials I recommend you checkout for camping or in the event of a major crisis:
Basic Needs Human Survival
Everlit Emergency Survival Kit Upgraded 80-In-1 Molle Pouch/ Holster, Tactical Outdoor Gears, First Aid Supply, Survival Bracelet, Emergency Blanket, Tactical Pen, for Camping, Hiking, Hunting. Get more details on Amazon
Stealth Squads 42 in 1 Survival Military Pouch Kit, PREMIUM TACTICAL POCKET KNIFE, FIRST AID KIT, EDC MULTI-TOOL USE FOR CAMPING, HIKING, BIKING, OUTDOOR EMERGENCY SAFETY GEARS w/ BONUS E-BOOK
Bisgear 12-17Pcs Camping Cookware Stove Carabiner Canister Stand Tripod Folding Spork Set Outdoor Camping Hiking Backpacking Non-Stick Cooking Picnic Knife Spoon Wine Opener.
During my 12 years of US Army service I didn’t realize how valuable the hundreds of hours training doing something over and over again until you need to use it. I found out how valuable when we were deployed to the Gulf War. What I mean by this is that you should take the time to set-up a camping adventure with the family and get everybody involved in doing activities of surviving in the wilderness or your backyard for that matter.
Repetitive training can be the difference between life and death, seriously. Something as simple as building a fire, learning how to build a garden that uses little water and gives you a great harvest every year, and how to be creative when cooking. Surviving any event regardless of how small or devastating will depend on your preparedness and your ability to sustain yourself in critical times.
Today there are many choices you could choose from but the point of it is to make it happen and get yourself prepared for whatever may come your way.
Emergency Survival Food – When push comes to shove food and nutrition is in the top three of things needed to survive.
Today you have survival food like Chef’s Banquet 30 Day (330 Servings) Emergency Food Supply / Food Storage Kit which can feed one person for 30 days 2100 calories a day. The food had been that hardest thing to keep fresh or keep for an extended period of time. Now after the US Army tried and tested these foods it made perfect sense to use it as a survival food.
Augason Farms Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner Variety Pack High Quality 254 Servings Emergency Food Supply Storage Pails, 2 count. These emergency survival food kit (s) make it easy to store and have when needed.
- Breakfast assortment pack: buttermilk flapjacks, six grain banana oat, banana chips, morning moo’s low fat elective drain, maple dark colored sugar cereal, and strawberry cream of wheat
- Lunch and supper assortment pack: Healthy vegetable chicken soup, rich chicken rice, velvety stroganoff, fettuccine alfredo, italiano marinara, chocolate pudding, elbow macaroni, cheddar powder, smooth potato soup, gooey broccoli rice, chicken noodle soup, and corn chowder
- 254 servings, 33 pockets, and 41,140 aggregate calories; Timeframe of realistic usability up to 20 years
- Ideal for sustenance stockpiling, crises, survival, outdoors, and regular use
- All sustenance is housed in buckets that are FDA agreeable, BPA free, and bug safe
Here is a Tactical Backpack + Hydration Bladder, Pre-Filled with Emergency Tools & Survival Gear
BUNDLE INCLUDES: 72hr tactical military-grade survival backpack (40L), hydration bladder (2.5L), portable camp shovel, GID paracord (25’), a waterproof utility case containing 25 emergency survival items (see image gallery), military style scarf (40”) and removable american flag patch.
Survival Essentials – Water Filtration
An essential substance to have in order to survive any length of time. Now with new innovation and resources a small life straw water filter allows you to filter water safely.
- Expels microbes and parasites: The microfiltration layer evacuates 99.999999% of waterborne microscopic organisms (counting Ecoli and salmonella), and 99.999% of waterborne parasites (counting giardia and cryptosporidium).
- Expels microplastics: Evacuates the littlest microplastics found in the earth (down to 1 micron), and diminishes turbidity down to 0.2 microns.
- Thorough Testing: All cases are confirmed with research centers utilizing standard testing conventions set by the US EPA, NSF, ASTM for water purifiers.
- Long Lifetime: The microbiological channel will give 4,000 liters (1,000 gallons) of perfect and safe drinking water with legitimate use and upkeep
- Have an Effect: For each LifeStraw item acquired, a school kid in need gets protected drinking water for a whole school year.
Introducing Life Straw Water Filter
LifeStraw Go Water Filter Bottles with 2-Stage Integrated Filter Straw for Hiking, Backpacking, and Travel.
Survival Gear – If you happen to break down in the middle of nowhere and the climate changes, Are You Ready ?
These are inexpensive survival gear that can be used for emergency or just on a camping expedition. These survival essentials are compact enough to fit in any emergency bug out bag or the back of your car.
The Bivy Emergency Sleeping Bag Lightweight and Compact Survival Gear Better Thermal Protection Than a Mylar Space Emergency Blanket.
- ✅ BE Set up TO Endure – Exceptionally conservative, lightweight, reusable and strong survival hiking bed to shield you from hypothermia, rain, snow and wind. Little enough to fit into your bug-out-sack, coat stash, climbing pack, chasing sacks or in your vehicle glovebox. Sufficiently huge to rest inside.
SharpSurvival Emergency Survival Shelter Tent | 2 Person Mylar Thermal Shelter | 8’ X 5’ All Weather Tube Tent | Reflective Material Conserves Heat | Lightweight | Waterproof | Best Survival Gear. This shelter tent will keep you warm even in those heavy snow cold winter days or nights.
- WARMTH IN ANY Climate: Mylar warm material reflects 90% of body warm and is waterproof and windproof
- Reduced and LIGHTWEIGHT: Reusable tent packs effortlessly to camp, climbing and crisis supplies
- SETS UP IN MINUTES: Separate the rope and safe house, run rope through the two finishes and attach to a durable item
- Space FOR TWO: Tremendous 8′ X 5′ survival tent obliges two grown-ups for security from any climate
The bottom line is that you must do your due diligence and research to have everything you need to prepare yourself and your family.
These survival essentials are just some of the things recommended that could help make a difference in your safety and survival while camping or life threatening situation. I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to train and practice or maybe just make it a camping expedition to learn together as a team.
Team work is critical to surviving as well, when everyone chips in to get things done it prolongs your survival longevity. Find a few activities to do and try to be as productive as possible while conserving yourself and your energy. Go here to see all survival gear